WORDS ARE NOT FOR HURTING (BOARD BOOK)
“Some of your words are kind. But some of them are not. Words are not for hurting. What do hurtful words do?”
Children are known for speaking their minds. We can’t expect them to watch every word, but we can help them to understand that their words affect other people. We can gently guide them to choose words that are helpful instead of hurtful, and to say two very important words—“I’m sorry”—when hurtful words come out before they can stop them.
Like the board books Hands Are Not for Hitting and Teeth Are Not for Biting, Words Are Not for Hurting helps little ones learn big ideas: that they are responsible for what they do and say; that their actions and words affect others; and that they can make positive choices. Simple words and delightful full-color illustrations make it perfect for reading aloud one-on-one or in small groups. The book also includes helpful tips for parents and caregivers.
- Illustrated, board book, full-color, 7" x 7", kids, baby-preschool
- Creative Child Magazine Seal of Excellence
- iParenting Media Awards “Hottest Products” Winner
- The National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval Winner
- Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Book Award Winner, 2005
- Dr. Toy's Smart Play/Smart Toy Products Winner
- Read, America! Selection
Usually ships within 1-2 business days if not ordered with custom orbit labels. Please allow 7-10 business days for shipping if ordered with custom orbit labels